Friday, November 11, 2011

More stupidity

Hello there fellow capsuleers,
Yes last night I learned a valuable lesson.

But let me tell the story from the beginning.
It actually starts on Tuesday November 8, where I decide I was going to run some incursion in Minmatar space. I did go and manage to make me some isk (approx 80 million).

The next day on Wednesday the initial plan was to make some more isk. But I check my mail as I log on, and apparently there is a coalition op planned start time in 30 minutes and logis are requested. So I decided I want to be part of the action and head on over to the staging are to help the guys take out a Red POS. I get a bit greedy and decide I want to get on some killmails and load up my drone bay with Warrior II drones.
A few minutes before we head out, RL decides to act up. And I have to leave the fleet and go to the movie to watch Contagion (good movie). So after I get back from the movies I load my basi up with Salvage that I had stored in station and start moving back to Incursion space. Once I arrive I dock up and log off for the day.

Now here comes Thursday night, after having gone out to look at a new car and almost buying it. But deciding first to sleep on it. I log on to EVE and start looking for a fleet in need of a Logi Pilot.
After a couple of minutes I get an invite, then comes the waiting bit until the fleet is all set up.
And off we go to do the first site. We jump into the site, I start targeting my fleet mates. Set orbit at 5000 around Anchor, pop out my drones and start repping the guy who got initial aggro.
While checking my watch list I see another fleet mate is also beeing hit, so beeing the good guy I am I send out my drones to him.
Suddenly I find myself beeing targeted, then my shields go down, I am in structure (WTF) and then I explode and am looking at my POD. :-(

I could not believe my eyes. As I don't know how this could have happened. I got a warning from EVE, but I thought it was just some guy at war and decided to risk it anyways. I just called out on coms xxxx is at war. After warping out in my pod I go check my lossmail to see who had killed me.
It was an eye opener to see that I got popped by CONCORD.
Then my Brain kick in and tells me what an idiot I am. I forgot to put back my Shield maintenance Drones in the Drone Bay and had sent out my Warrior II drones to rep this guy.

The warning I got from EVE was that I was comitting an act of war not repping someone at war.

Lesson learned: before undocking check your fittings/drone bay and cargohold (The hold was still full of salvage)

Over & Out
Kaisi13

1 comment: