Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Incursion assault sites

Last night I managed successfully to run my first assault Incursion site as a Logi pilot.
Boy that was quite a bit of work. Had to keep an eyes on my Watchlist, on the Broadcasts aswell as the Overview while listening to the FC and watching the logi chat.

I learned alot but tbh I prefer running vanguard sites. As those are easier. You can keep almost all of the fleet on your watchlists and have all the fleet members targeted continuosly. Maybe the FC should have set up the fleet differently in order to facilitate things.

We did a Nation Consolidation Network where you have 2 Acceleration gates. 1 with Cruiser Sansha's and another one with Battleship Sansha's. The FC had 2 squads set up, which in my opinion should have been set up as follows: squad 1 for the Cruiser gates and squad 2 for the BS gates that way us logis could have added almost everyone required to our watchlist. As it was the squads were spread over both parts of the site. Which complicated things a bit. However we managed to complete the site withou loosing any ships.

At the end I still prefer to blitz the vanguard sites, as I can make 10 mill ISK every 10 minutes, whereas the assault site took about an hour to complete with a reward of 16 mill ISK.

Anyhow, I'm having a lot of fun running these incursion sites. Though I yet have to do a HQ site.
But first I want to get more experience as a logi pilot.

If you have any tips & tricks on beeing a logi pilot let me know.

Over & Out
Kaisi13

1 comment:

  1. I do have some advice. Typically in null, the logistics pilot will "anchor" on another logi, ie orbit that logistics pilot that is the anchor at 5k. The anchor will move about 50km away from fleet and keep moving in order to keep transversal up and to keep the logis in range of fleet but out of range of hostiles.

    We always add the wing, squad, and fleet commander to watchlist, because it's pretty detrimental to fleet if the fleet loses bonuses. We also always add the FC to watchlist, as a lull in orders usually hurts fleet performance as well.

    Never never set your reppers to auto-repeat. Cycle on, cycle off. This lets you follow the damage as quickly as possible.

    My overview set-up for logi is hostiles only for brackets. I need to know if the enemy is coming for me, or targeting me. Having fleet up doesn't typically matter, because if someone dies for failing to broadcast for reps, you don't have time to sort that person out of the blob, lock him, and save him anyways.

    Also, in broadcast settings, the only checked boxes should be "needs shield", "needs armor", "warp to", "align to", and "fleet event". You don't want any targeting boradcasts cluttering you up.

    Before going into combat, remind pilots to broadcast when they get yellow-boxed, not when they're at 1/4 shields and beyond saving.

    ReplyDelete